Mizuno T22 Wedge - Blue Ion
More than fifty years of refining our Grain Flow Forging process in Hiroshima, Japan – ensure that Mizuno wedges are unrivalled for touch and feel around the green. Played by one of the greatest short-game players of any generation - Luke Donald. Now with an additional soft feel copper underlay and the option of 4 levels of sole grind. A 2nd season finish for the T22 wedges – the return of our iconic Blue IP plating. Softer than standard chrome, with copper underlay beneath. A staggering feel and appearance.
Mizuno T22 Blue Ion Wedge Features & Benefits:
- Grain Flow Forged HD – One-piece Grain Flow Forged HD from 1025E Pure Select mild carbon steel at Mizuno’s iconic Hiroshima, Japan facility – where Mizuno irons have been produced since 1968.
- 1025 Boron – A carbon steel that features 30% greater strength.
- Harmonic Impact Technology – Fine tuned head geometry delivers ideal impact feel and feedback.
- Quad Cut Grooves – Milled narrow/deep grooved optimized for stronger lofts and wide’shallow grooves optimized for higher lofts.
- Hydroflow Micro Grooves – Laser etched microscopic grooves help channel away moisture for maximum spin in wet conditions.
- Face Milling Lines – Increased surface roughness to increase spin nearer the greens.
- Loft/COG Flow Design – The COG of the wedge flows throughout the set to give more control and versatility.
- Bounce Specific Sole Grinds – Matched bounce and sole grinds for an ideal level of versatility.
- Loft Specific Head Shapes – Gradually changing head shapes from pitching wedge to lob wedge ideally suited for how each wedge is used.
- Copper Underlay – Thin copper layer beneath a nickel chrome to provide a further enhanced feel at impact.
Stock Shaft: True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue